Habitat SSBC partners with qualified low-income families and empowers them to become homeowners through interest-free loans and a no-profit mortgage. This provides families a hand up, not a hand out.How are Homeowners Selected?
Habitat provides homes for people who have low-to-very low income status. The total annual income may not exceed 40-80% of the Area Median Income (AMI). 2012 figures below. Note: figures subject to change.
- 1 person family total income--$21,280 - $42,500
- 2 person family total income--$24,320 - $48,600
- 3 person family total income--$27,360 - $54,650
- 4 person family total income--$30,360 - $60,700
- 5 person family total income--$32,800 - $65,600
- 6 person family total income--$35,240 - $70,450
- Currently live in deteriorated, unsafe or overcrowded conditions, or transitional housing;
- Family income between 40% to 80% of area median income;
- Willingness to partner with Habitat through "sweat equity" on the construction of their home;
- Ability to pay a no-interest mortgage to Habitat;
- US citizen and have lived or worked in Southern Santa Barbara County for the past year.