A Brush with Kindness (ABWK), is Habitat’s exterior home repair program that helps preserve homeownership by partnering with low-income homeowners struggling to maintain their home. Habitat is able to leverage volunteer labor to provide affordable home repairs for qualified low-income homeowners.
Who ABWK HelpsHomeowners struggling to pay for exterior repairs such as weatherizing, replacing warped doors and windows, repairing safe entry stairs to their home, stucco repairs, gutter and house painting, and much more.
- Homeowners living in their home full time. We do not work with landlords.
- Homeowners who earn less than 80% of the Area Median Income.
- Many ABWK applicants are single parents, elderly, people with disabilities or Veterans.
A Brush with Kindness Program Eligibility:
- Homes must be owner-occupied and serve as the primary residence
- Homeowner must be willing to partner with staff and volunteers
- Yearly family income must be under 80% of the Area Median Income
2015 Area Median Income Requirements: