Habitat for Humanity SSBC works in partnership with families,donors and volunteers to build stable, affordable homes and provide zero-interest mortgages to low-income families. If you are interested in applying for the Habitat for Humanity Homeownership program, the first step is to attend a Homeownership Orientation. We do not have any orientation sessions scheduled at this time.To receive advance notification for the next application period, you can add your name to this list by filling out this form.
How to Apply for Homeownership
Habitat for Humanity SSBC opens a new application period prior to the start of construction for each project. The application period for the Sawyer Avenue Affordable Homes is now closed.
Homeownership Program Eligibility:
- Homebuyers must demonstrate they can afford a zero-percent interest equivalent mortgage loan
- Homebuyers yearly family income must be between 40-80% of the Area Median Income,
- determined by HUD
- Homebuyers must demonstrate a need for safe and affordable housing
- Homebuyers must have a willingness to partner with Habitat and contribute 250 sweat equity hours per adult
- Homebuyers need to have lived and/or worked in southern Santa Barbara County for at least the past year.
2017 Qualifying Family Income Ranges (income amounts subject to change):