You can donate items by dropping them off at the ReStore (6860 Cortona Drive, Suite A, Goleta, CA 93117) anytime during our regular store hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. If a donation is too large to fit in your car, please call us or fill out a donation pick-up request form below.
- Donations are only accepted upon inspection.
- Please do not drop off items when the ReStore is closed.
- Please review our donation guidelines listed below before dropping off items or requesting a pick up.
Items We Do Accept:
- Appliances: Must be less than 8 years old, in working condition, clean, and have all parts.
- Dishwashers: Cannot be manufactured before January 2014 due to Federal Law.
- Cabinets: New or used.
- Carpet: Brand new, never installed carpet only.
- Doors: Exterior, interior, wood, French, and sliding glass doors. No hollow core or slab doors.
- Electrical: Switch plates, switches, fuses, breakers, conduit, etc.
- Flooring No less than 120 square feet
- Furniture No upholstered items
- Lighting: Working condition.
- Lumber: No nails or screws. Only usable amounts.
- Mirrors: Only mirrors with frames.
- Plumbing: Faucets cannot be manufactured before January 2014 due to Federal Law.
- Sinks and Toilets: No rust marks, stains, or chips. Low-flow only (1.25 gallon).
- Tile: In quantities over 40 square ft.
- Tubs: No chips or pitting.
- Water heaters: Electric or gas. Cannot be manufactured before January 2014 due to Federal Law.
- Windows: Double pane only.
Items We Cannot Accept:
- All liquids, including paint, solvents, and chemicals
- Appliances older than 8 years or water heaters, dishwashers, and faucets older than January 2014 (due to Federal Law)
- Ceiling fans
- Electrical fixtures missing parts or not in working order
- Exercise machinery
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Recessed canned lighting
- Hollow core or slab doors
- Mirrors and glass without frames
- Non Low flow toilets
- Office furniture
- Single pane windows or fixed pane
- Tile in quantities less than 40 square feet
- Upholstered furniture
- Used Carpet, linoleum, or rugs
- Window blinds
We appreciate your donations! Whether you donate furniture, home improvement goods, or anything else we accept – every donation helps Habitat Santa Barbara build and preserve affordable housing in Southern Santa Barbara County.
Donations to the ReStore are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Federal Tax ID # 77-0518264.