We Advocate for Affordable Workforce HomeownershipAs rent and mortgage prices continue to rise throughout the state of California, we must advocate for additional funding sources, regulatory reforms, and the creation of more homeownership opportunities for lower income, working families.
How You Can HelpElected officials listen to the priorities of the people they represent, so speak up! Contact your elected representatives and community leaders to share the positive impact that safe, sustainable and affordable homes have on millions of Americans each year and urge responsible policies that will address the serious lack of affordable housing throughout the state.
Current Initiatives: Email Your Representative
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Protect Federal Programs that Support Habitat for Humanity
- Protect the Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP)
- Tell Congress: Stand for National Service!
- Tell Congress: Support HOME
- ACT NOW: Urge Congress to ensure housing stability
More Ways to Get Involved
- Find Your Legislator
- Write to your Lawmaker
- Call your lawmaker
- Talk to your lawmaker in person
- Schedule a meeting at a local event
- Tell your lawmakers how you feel about the housing crisis and making affordable homeownership opportunities available to working families in your community.
- Send follow-up communication
- Write a Letter to the Editor
- Talk to your local business community leaders and realtors
- Sign up for updates and Action Alerts from the Legislative Affairs Committee
- Learn more about advocacy from Habitat for Humanity California