- Thank you to everyone that joined us for the 1st annual Hammer N' Ales benefit concert on Saturday, May 14th. The event was a huge success, and we would like to thank our sponsors: US Bank, Montecito Bank & Trust, Cox Communications, Brushfire Records, New Noise Music Foundation, JZPR, M.Special Brewing Company, Davies Public Affairs, Citizens Business Bank, Community West Bank, American Riviera Bank, Bacara Resort & Spa and the Courtyard Marriott Goleta.
- Donate your used car to help Habitat build decent, affordable homes
- Next volunteer orientation: May 21, 2016
- We are recruiting for 2 AmeriCorps positions that will start in late summer/early fall:
- AmeriCorps National Construction Crew Leader - This position will assist with and lead construction projects, working directly with volunteers, homebuyers and community members.
- AmeriCorps VISTA Program Development, Youth - This position will be developing a sustainable youth program and working with and engaging youth from around the community.
- For more information about how to apply visit www.habitat.org/americorps or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat for Humanity is pleased to announce that construction of our 4th affordable housing development will begin in 2016. Located on Sawyer Avenue in Carpinteria, the project will provide three affordable homes for low-income families. DMHA Architecture will be the architect for this new project. For more information, please contact the Habitat office at email@example.com.
Volunteers are the heart of our mission. There are many ways that you can volunteer and support Habitat for Humanity SSBC:
Volunteer in the Habitat ReStore
Tasks include sorting, pricing and cleaning donated items, performing small repairs, pricing and shelving new inventory, loading and unloading vehicles, assisting customers in making purchases, and helping with donation pick-ups. To volunteer at the ReStore click here.
Volunteers help address poverty housing issues through the A Brush With Kindness home repair program. Construction/repair volunteers join with skilled professionals and no prior experience is necessary. To volunteer for an upcoming project click here.
Help Build Bright Futures for Habitat Families
The gift you make today allows Habitat for Habitat to help hardworking families provide a stable home for their children. Consider joining the Carpenter's Club and pledging monthly financial support to help build a home for a local, low-income family. Your gift will have a substantial and immediate impact.
$25/month: buys a front door.
$50/month: buys Insulation to keep a family warm.
$100/month: buys high-quality flooring & carpeting.
$250/month: buys cabinets for a new home.
$500/month: buys a roof over a family's head.